Collinsville City Council to Appoint City Manager | Politics
The Collinsville City Council will vote on August 13, 2012 to appoint Scott Williams as the new City Manager for the City of Collinsville. Mr. Williams is currently the Chief of Police and also serves as Interim City Manager. After 24 years of service with the Collinsville Police Department, Scott will announce his official retirement as Chief of Police upon his appointment as City Manager.
Scott was hired in August 1988 as a police officer with the City of Collinsville. Exhibiting hard work and dedication, he worked his way through the ranks while playing an integral role in many of the positive changes within the Collinsville Police Department. In November 2005, he was appointed to the office of Chief of Police. In November 2011, he was named Interim City Manager.
The City is excited about the new role Scott will have with the City. Based on his many years of exemplary service and leadership, the City Council is confident that Scott will continue to excel as he leads the City.
Top St. Clair - Monroe County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ROSE Award Presentations Generate Surprises, Smiles at Rockwood
- Two-Foot Tall Marijuana Plant Grew in Arnold Man's Bathroom, Police Say
- Horse Thief Nabs Two Animals in Dittmer
- South County Police Officers Being Honored by Mental Health America
- Oklahoma Couple Visiting St. Louis Narrowly Misses Tornado