Major Weapons Theft At Metro East Archery Center | News
BELLEVILLE, IL (KTVI)– A major weapons theft happened in the Metro East but this time it was bows and arrows stolen.
One of the metro area’s most popular archery centers, Town Hall Archery located outside of Belleville, was burglarized overnight.
Between $40,000 and $50,000 worth of high- tech bows, crossbows and hunting arrow tips were stolen.
The archery equipment is of interest only to people who hunt with bows and to archery enthusiasts.
So store owners wonder whether the thieves will ever be able to sell what they have stolen.
Owners and police say anyone who notices brand-new bows or archery equipment on sale online or from an individual at a deep discount is urged to call the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office.
Top St. Clair - Monroe County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ROSE Award Presentations Generate Surprises, Smiles at Rockwood
- Two-Foot Tall Marijuana Plant Grew in Arnold Man's Bathroom, Police Say
- Horse Thief Nabs Two Animals in Dittmer
- South County Police Officers Being Honored by Mental Health America
- Oklahoma Couple Visiting St. Louis Narrowly Misses Tornado