Metro East Man Arrested For Threatening To Shoot Up School | Crime
A Belleville man has been charged for allegedly threatening to shoot up a school.
According to the Belleville Police Department, a victim explained that she and her children were threatened by her ex-boyfriend, who was also the father of her children.
The text messages she received from 25-year-old Brian A. Smith said he would shoot her and shoot up a school.
School officials and police within the jurisdiction of the school were immediately notified of the suspect and the type of threats being made.
Police located Smith at a Metrolink station and took him into custody.
Smith was charged with Making A Terrorist Threat. Bond was set at $100,000.
Top St. Clair - Monroe County Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local Martial Arts Fighter Choreographs Nationwide Commercial
- ROSE Award Presentations Generate Surprises, Smiles at Rockwood
- Two-Foot Tall Marijuana Plant Grew in Arnold Man's Bathroom, Police Say
- Horse Thief Nabs Two Animals in Dittmer
- South County Police Officers Being Honored by Mental Health America